Wireless printing is extremely convenient. These are three easy steps to connect Canon printers to WIFI. If you have never connected a wireless printer before, it might seem complicated. However, the guide below will show you how to do it. Continue reading to learn how to connect your Canon printer with your WIFI so you
Wireless printing is extremely convenient. These are three easy steps to connect Canon printers to WIFI. If you have never connected a wireless printer before, it might seem complicated. However, the guide below will show you how to do it. Continue reading to learn how to connect your Canon printer with your WIFI so you can print your photos. More reading: How to connect canon lbp6230dw printer to wife mac
How to connect a Canon printer to a wireless network
There are several ways to connect a Canon printer with a wireless network.
These are your options
- You can use a smart device to send information to your printer from your wireless network via either the networking capabilities on your smartphone, or the Canon Print Inkjet App on an iOS or Android phone.
- To sync your wireless printer with the nearest wireless network, press the WPS button.
- Enter the WPS pin code. Source: Canon The model of Canon printer that you have may affect the method you choose.
In order to use wireless printers, you would need to insert CDs to install the software. Nowadays, it is easy to connect wireless printers using either a smart device or printer controls.
These are the steps to connect to your WiFi network.
1.Smart Device Hookup
You will need a wireless device to perform wireless hookups between your Canon printers and your wireless network.
Users can use a smartphone to connect to the printer to the wireless network.
- The SELPHY App is available for iOS devices.
- The Canon Print Inkjet App is available for Android devices.
2. WPS Push Button Method
WPS Push Button is a feature that some wireless routers have. This button allows you to wirelessly sync your printer with the internet. Although not all wireless routers have this feature, it makes it much easier to connect wirelessly to printers. (Source: Canon)
Use the WPS Push Button to connect your wireless printer to a network.
- Press and hold the Wi-Fi button until the router flashes.
- Next, press the Start Button.
- Wait for the Wi Fi router to start flashing.
- By simultaneously lighting the ON and Wi-Fi buttons, the wireless router will signal a connection to the wireless printer. If wireless sync fails, press STOP and try again.
Although this is not an option for all wireless routers it is worth checking to see if your router supports it before you set up your wireless printer. This can save you a lot of time and effort in the long-term.
3. WPS Pin Code Method
Although it is more difficult to use the WPS pin code for wireless printer sync, it can still be a viable option.
How to make the connection with a WPS pin code
- Again, press the Wi-Fi button. The printer will now print the wireless settings information, including the WPS pincode.
- Keep the STOP button down on the printer for 16 seconds. Release the STOP button after the sixteenth flash. The wireless printer should now be ready to connect.
- You can access the router’s internal settings via a wireless smart phone or a computer with wireless capabilities. Once you have access the router’s internal settings, enter your WPS pin code in order to initiate a synchronization between the network device and the printer.
It worked! You can check to make sure it worked. The Wi-Fi light is on for the wireless printer . If you follow these steps, you will be able to establish a strong connection for your wireless printer.
Why won’t my Canon printer connect to my wireless connection?
There are several possible causes for why your Canon printer is not connecting wirelessly after you’ve tried all the methods.
These are some things that could be stopping you from connecting to your wireless network.
- The connection between your printer and the network has lost its strength. You can resolve this issue by turning off each component and waiting ten seconds before powering them up again..