The company file is the most crucial part of QuickBooks as it stores all the financial data of businesses. To open the company file, users need to enter login details. Unfortunately, while attempting to open the company file, users sometimes get QuickBooks error 6147. It is a company file error with a 6000 series error code. The error shows up on the screen with an error message that says, “We’re sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open your company file.” The several reasons that trigger this company file error are damage or corruption in the data file, inappropriate Windows firewall and security settings, and many more. Go through the complete blog for more information on QuickBooks company file error 6147.
Unable to open company file due to QuickBooks error 6147? Reach out to the QuickBooks technical support team for an instant solution to fix this. Just dial +1 800-579-9430
Reasons why you come across QuickBooks company file error 6147?
Let’s have a look at some of the reasons that trigger the error:
- Some essential QuickBooks files are missing.
- QuickBooks company file name exceeds the limit of characters.
- The user has not updated the QuickBooks Desktop application.
Read the next section of the blog for quick fixes to resolve the error.
Read more :- error 15103 QuickBooks desktop
Methods to Rectify QuickBooks error message 6147
Method 1. Get the latest update of QB Desktop
- Close all QB data files and then exit the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Hit the Windows key on your keyboard and scroll through the programs.
- Locate and right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Select the Run as administrator option and move to the No Company Open screen.
- Choose the Help tab and select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Head to the Options menu, click Mark All, and then Save.
- Select the Update Now tab and checkmark the Reset Update checkbox.
- Click Get Updates and then complete the update process.
- Open QuickBooks, click Yes to install the update, and then restart your device.
If the above fix doesn’t work, follow the next one.
Method 2. Make use of the QB File Doctor Tool
- Close all QB company files, then QuickBooks Desktop, and tap the Windows key on our keyboard.
- Get the QuickBooks Tool Hub setup file and save it to your Windows Desktop so you can easily find it later.
- Find and open the downloaded QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Start the installation process by following the instructions given on the screen, then selecting the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox.
- When the installation process completes, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub by double-clicking its icon.
- Select Company File Issues, then click Run QuickBooks File Doctor and choose your company file.
- If your company file is not visible, click Browse and search to find it.
- Click the Check your file option and then Continue.
- Enter admin login credentials and click Next.
We hope QuickBooks error 6147 doesn’t exist after following the troubleshooting steps. If the error continues even after implementing the solutions, connect with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our customer support number +1 800-579-9430. They will guide you with advanced troubleshooting steps to rectify the same.
Related article :- QuickBooks data conversion service