Ketoconazole shampoo is a medicated shampoo used to treat scalp fungal infections. It can be used to treat conditions such as stubborn dandruff, psoriasis, and others. Ketoconazole shampoos are available both over the counter (OTC) and by prescription from your doctor. Ketoconazole shampoo is advertised commonly as a treatment for dandruff with over-the-counter brands such as Nizoral available in market areas or online. Some dandruff is caused by a dry scalp, while other dandruff is caused by seborrheic dermatitis. Seborrheic dermatitis may be caused by an overgrowth of Malassezia trusted Source, a yeast fungus found naturally on your skin. Ketoconazole shampoo in India is in great demand because of its huge benefits. It can aid in the treatment of dandruff by reducing fungus and inflammation.
Benefits of Ketoconazole shampoo
- Ketoconazole is a very outstanding treatment for psoriasis, a subversive skin disease that causes flaking, plaque, and redness. These skin plaques are frequently infected with a yeast-like fungus. Psoriasis flares may necessitate the use of prescription ketoconazole.
- Tinea capitis and tinea versicolor can also be treated with ketoconazole shampoo. Tinea capitis is a fungus infection of the scalp that looks like ringworm. Tinea versicolor is a skin infection caused by an overgrowth of a type of yeast that lives on your skin naturally.
- While ketoconazole is most commonly used for its antifungal properties in the treatment of infections or conditions such as seborrheic dermatitis, there is anecdotal evidence that it may also help promote hair growth or reduce hair loss. One small pilot study of 15 people with alopecia, for example, discovered that ketoconazole may be able to improve hair regrowth.
- This medicine is used to treat dandruff. The use of this medication may aid in the relief of flaking, scaling, and itching caused by dandruff. Ketoconazole is an azole antifungal that works by inhibiting fungus growth. Ketoconazole 2 per cent shampoo is also used to treat pityriasis (tinea versicolor), a fungal infection that causes skin lightening or darkening on the neck, chest, arms, or legs.
- Ketoconazole shampoos are used to treat fungal infections on or near the scalp. In some cases, a healthcare professional may advise using ketoconazole for purposes other than those listed on the label. Ketoconazole shampoo is a red-orange liquid that can be applied to the scalp to treat fungal infections. It includes ketoconazole, a synthetic antifungal agent. If a person suspects they have a fungal infection, they should consult their doctor. A doctor can give them more information on effective treatments for their condition.
Ketoconazole shampoo is available in both prescription and over-the-counter formulations.
Ketoconazole shampoo may be useful in treating seborrheic dermatitis and dandruff, as well as fungal infections such as tinea versicolor. If a person has an allergic reaction to ketoconazole shampoo, they should stop using it. Women who are pregnant should consult their doctor before using the shampoo. Keto shampoo for dandruff price is reasonable in India. Dandruff causes flaking of the scalp and may result in visible flakes on clothing or in the hair. It is caused by a fungal or other scalp infection in some cases.