T20 World Cup India vs Pakistan: Virat Kohli’s best knock definitely, one of India’s best, says Rohit Sharma | Cricket News

[ad_1]

‘Kohli used experience to engineer improbable win’
MELBOURNE: Rohit Sharma simply shook his head and smiled when asked to put Virat Kohli‘s incredible knock in perspective. “He used his experience today more than anything else, staying calm under pressure. We know how good he is when there is a score in front of him. He’s one of the best chasers in the world,” said Rohit.

Asked if this was the best he had seen in a T20 game, Rohit nodded. “His best definitely for sure, but I think from the situation we were in, to come out with a victory, I think it has to be one of India’s best knocks. Up until the 13th over we were so behind the game, and the required rate was just climbing up and up.
“To come out and chase that score was an extremely brilliant effort from Virat and obviously Hardik Pandya played a role there as well. These guys have played so many games under pressure, they know exactly how to handle that situation. Their partnership was a game-changing moment.”

1/10

‘Miracle in Melbourne’: Virat Kohli enthralls fans in a cliffhanger

Show Captions

Importantly, Rohit refused to accept that Virat had been in some indifferent form over the past few years. “I honestly don’t think he was struggling or anything. He was batting as good as he was but with him, the expectation is so high that even if he gets a good 30 or 40, people tend to talk about it (the lack of runs).
“From the team management’s perspective, I thought he was in good space right from the Asia Cup, where he got a month off. He was fresh. . . We know the quality he has. He has done so well in these types of conditions in all forms.”

1/11

T20 World Cup: Virat Kohli shines in India’s win over Pakistan

Show Captions

Had Rohit believed, at 31/4, that the day would pan out in his favour? “Those two sixes off Haris Rauf, I think that was the turning point. This is where the game actually came towards us a little bit because we knew there was one over of spin bowling left (from Mohammad Nawaz).
“Inside in the dressing room, we were thinking if we can keep about 15-18 in the last over, that guy is going to be under pressure to bowl.”

[ad_2]

Source link

By admin