hex key set
A hex key set is small handheld tool. A hex key set used to drive nuts, bolts into a hexagonal socket. It is small handheld tool that used for driving and screws with hexagonal socket. A hex key set is a simple driver for screws that have heads with internal hexagonal sockets. The main three types of hex wrenches L shaped, T shaped and fold-up sets.
1. L shaped Keys
L shaped keys is the most common key and easily available in the market. Due to its L shape can reach into tight spots and provide control where need.
2. Hex Key Handle
Hex Key Handle is popular tool, which used in repair work of sports cars. They are popular among car mechanics.
3. Torx Key Set Handle
They are modified version of an L-shape key and large in size than an L-shape key. It is used for similar purposes as that of T-handle. The T shape wrench are use in low torque applications due to their ease of use and torque control. They have short wrench lengths and provide easy access to sockets.
4. Fold-up sets
Fold-up sets are portable wrenches that can fit your pocket and are best for doing spot checks on the floor.
Other types of Hex keys
- Ball hex sets are distinctive from other headsets available in the market.
- Allen screwdriver is another type of wrench and that is use for low torque.
- Ratcheting drivers provide better speed in comparison to tradition to Allen wrenches. They are available in different varieties. The bits of Ratcheting drivers can be use in an drill driver.
- Hex key set is use for bicyclists and motorbike.
- Crowfoot Allen wrench are a snug fit onto a bolt as opposed to the top as seen in the socket counterpart.
- Crowfoot wrench are use in valve adjustment, different fittings such as clutch power steering and abs modulator.
- It’s a versatile tool that’s also known as network wrench and pairs well with metric and standard fasteners. It has moveable jaw to adjust the wrench size and fixed jaw point that is placed at the wrench’s top position.
- Flex –head hex keys are convenient to have around. If you have enough clear the pivoting head allows you to swing them over after a turn instead of having to remove return and re-engage the tools.
Uses of hex wrenches
They are use in that will change the way you build, repair and maintain in work tool stations.
- Hex wrenches is use in bicycle repairs and size adjustments. Their availability in a wide range of sizes make them versatile and easily used in all applications.
- They are also an essential part of hardware for securing its place. It allows assembling the furniture without adding unnecessary bulk pieces.
- They are also use for proper maintenance of your car. Allen keys are helpful in maintaining and repairing heavy tools and machinery. Drill bits rely on it to secure the bit into place.
- They are use in maintaining and repairing electronic components. As electronics becoming small and small in size, Allen keys are being use to support their size.
- Computer, large TV screen is being held from the back through these hex wrench.
Buyers Guide: Choosing the best Allen Wrench
Hex wrenches are manufacture from steel, however there are many grade and qualities of steel. Hex wrenches are construct from inexpensive steel grade where hard, stress relief and heat treatment not a consider during the design and manufacture process.
Next you need to consider the design advantages of it. Why are the L-shaped? Why are the T-shaped? How can one design benefit us in a particular situation? These are all the questions that require an accurate answer from you to choose the best hex wrench for your workpiece.
Wrench length can be critical depending on the application. Long wrench are prefer where higher torque is need or there is limit accessibility. Short wrenche are better suite for confined spaces than longer styles will not fit.
The next thing we need to consider is convenience. One of the common problems on shop floors is losing hex wrenches. They usually a dark finish and many of the surface they are use on are dark as well. They cluttered with other tools making them easy to use.
Tools Similar to Hex Wrenches
I. Torque Wrench
Torque Wrench is use to control and apply a specific torque to fast include bolt and important when you are doing things like change a tire or other maintenance include industrial repairs, to ensure the safety of other.
Screwdriver can be use is place of the Allen wrench where you are unable to find Allen wrench the day bed, you can try a flat head screwdriver by putting the end in the socket where the Allen screw is located and using it to work in the leverage at the hole.
III. Nuts and bolts
There are some Allen wrenches that have nuts and bolts on the reverse side. If you don’t have pliers on hand, use two sharp knives and apply pressure and torque.
IV. Socket Wrench
Socket Wrench is a type of spanner which is design for specific tasks. It is used in same purpose as that of conventional wrench. Tightening and loosening fasteners.
V. Breaker Bar
It turns sockets to tighten and loosen nuts and bolts. It doesn’t have a ratcheting mechanism, and has a jointed wire drive to allow a series of operations.
In this article, hex wrenches, their types and properties were discuss. Overall, hex wrenches are must tool in your toolbox it is use most repair work spaces.